5.29.2005

Doings and things

Haven't been blogging much lately.

Went on a business trip with my dad the other week. Because of a license issue, I rented and drove the car. Poetic justice? Perhaps.

Been reading Confucius reallly slowly, and like a Strassian. Everyone should read Confucius. There are so many parallels, and crucial differences with, Socrates and Christ.

My wife sat through a seminar this weekend for RSA on the "Rhetoric of Scientific Revolutions." This means that she now knows much more about Mr. Kuhn than I do.

Smoked a pipe last night, for the first time since I've been married and it tasted, nostaligically, like law school.

Why did I go to law school? LOL

I wonder what every became of some of those Pi Phis.

Went to Pittsburgh last Friday (before this past Friday) and visited the Carnegie Museum. Also visited two wonderful bookshops in Oakland, right around the Carnegie and U Pitt: Caliban's and Townsend. Got a beautiful copy of Orlando Furioso at Townsend--the kind of edition you only find only once every few years.

Ratzinger wants to mend the schism of 1054?

No comments: